Sunday, December 16, 2007

Summoning Angels

While I was at college, I lived in a dorm where most of the beds were elevated on A-frames to within a couple of feet of the ceiling. This was done to allow more space within rooms, since they were quite small to start with. One night, during my freshman year, I fell asleep in my bed while my room-mate worked at his desk, tucked below his bed at his desk on the opposite side of the room.

I remember dreaming that I had found a very old piece of vellum with what appeared to be an Enochian Chant written on it. These chants were used in the Middle Ages to summon angels, and are beautiful pieces of vocal composition. I began to sing the chant (confirming that this was a dream, because I cannot read music, much less hold a tune). When I got to the end, I was disturbed to find that I had just sung the chant to summon Lucifer.

Sometime later, I was lying on my stomach awake in the dark, and I felt something approaching. When I picked up my head and looked, a great big bat landed on my face! With a start, I woke from that dream, to find myself back at in my room, with my room-mate's desk light still on, but with him nowhere to be found. Instead, sitting on the end of my bunk bed was a very old, wrinkled man, who held out a bony, freckled hand. He said, quite pleasantly, "Shake the hand of Satan."

I watched with amazement as my hand moved out to grasp his -- without my being able to stop it. And then it was all gone, and I woke up the next morning. I asked my room-mate whether he had noticed anything strange the night before, and when he replied that nothing had happened, I explained my dreams. He told me he had not left the room at all, and had gone to bed quite soon after I had last spoken to him, turning out his light.

I tried to convince myself that this had all meant nothing, but I did spend the next days wondering about that handshake. I had a very creepy feeling that I had just done something that would not do me very well in the near future. Luckily, nothing did happen, and I was able to file this event away under "strange (nested) dreams," but I often wonder what would have happened to me mentally had some other strange chance occurrence come to pass while I was affected.

Should I ever find out that such an Enochian Chant exists, I will be sure never to read it.

10 comments:

Blair said...

I recollect after reading this that I always worried, growing up in Ecuador, that I would accidentally allow the clutches of Lucifer to grasp me and lead me to some depths of human depravity unknown to my very young mind. This terrified me. Looking back, I am now wondering if this "recollection" was a similar experience to the one you describe. It was very real, those feelings on being on the cusp of becoming evil.
Though nothing has ever come, but still my more irrational and superstitious nature fears my jinxing it.

Anonymous said...

In ancient Rome, Lucifer was a very minor deity associated with the morning star. In the early Christian Church, there were at least two bishops named Lucifer. The name means "light bearer", and even Christ was been called this in the earlky church. It was the church which eventually declared Lucifer and Satan to be one and the same. For many, though, this isn't the case. Lucifer denotes self reliance, intellect, advancement, etc. and has nothing to do with Satan.

Gnostic Luciferians for example, see him as a "Christ/messenger" or saviour of sorts who (with other angels) came to earth to save humankind from the machinations of the false god of this world (the demiurge) and to remind us that we are the children of Gods and are progressing towards divinity. You dreamt about Lucifer and then about Satan. Perhaps the two were different in your dreams, not one and the same. In this case, a struggle of sorts can be surmised, and this is good.

Hans

Anonymous said...

You may think you are same but your life has yet to end, Keep your eyes open.

Anonymous said...

When you give lucifer your hand he will take your soul so be carefull next time you see him say that my soul is my own not yours

Unknown said...

Wow, bro sounds like youve made a deal with the devil, either that or your soul is so lost and empty that youre just a vast ready to be filled with any form of spirit that see you(your soul). id say if you had the Lord by your side it would not brought you to this point. God Bless.

Anonymous said...

Don't be afraid. If you weren't able to stop yourself from shaking the devils hand, you didn't freely give him your soul, it was merly an introduction. Try experimenting with this link that you obveasly must now have with satan. don't try to get anything from him, but do try to talk to him. you did nothing willingly, so God is on your side. pray to him for help before trying anything

Charles said...

Sancte Michael Archangele, defende nos in proelio; contra nequitiam et insidias diaboli esto praesidium. Imperat illi Deus; supplices deprecamur: tuque, Princeps militiae coelestis, Satanam aliosque spiritus malignos, qui ad perditionem animarum pervagantur in mundo, divina virtute in infernum detrude. Amen

Wolfie said...

Dude. I'll pray for ya. Hope you didn't do anything you'll regret. May your soul find happieness and freedom after its passing. Not the grip of flame. Amen.

Anonymous said...

Whenever I have demonic or evil dreams or nightmares I find myself quoting the Lord's Prayer in my dream. And in my dream, I say it over and over. Finally the bad dream disappers, its like the Lord's prayer protects me. I seem to automatically switch to it in my bad dreams. It amazes even me.

Nakshatra Tyagi said...

hey bro please give me the chant of lucifer morning star he is the god of darknees he is better then every one so i want to summon lucifer in my life. they dont; harm when you respectful for him do the deal & get happy with it he is able to complete your any kind ur wish but depends waht he takes in revert......


please give me the chant ASAP...