Wednesday, May 17, 2006

What are you lookin' at?



A candid view into a bizarre ritual?

An experiment with a clipper gone wrong?

No, just a mid-process picture of a haircut in progress that had an eerie look to it. While I have had the temerity to go out in public with no hair at all, I have not gone out in public like this. At least not until publishing this picture, which for all intents and purposes, is like going out in public. Who knows what photos of us lurk in cyberspace?

One of the first principles in security clearance is full disclosure. Admit it all, and no one will have a hold on you. As long as everyone knows, no one can embarrass you into giving up the codes to the football. So here goes: I'm ugly. There you have it. The truth is out, and it has made me free.

Free to part crowds with a black look and a determined pace. Free to stop traffic. Free to scatter panhandlers and prostitutes as I prowl dark city streets.

Now where did I park the damned Batmobile?

3 comments:

Blair said...

One of the secret rituals of the Nacirema maybe?

Paul said...

...or the dreaded Sonatobog, who will rise from the swamps. ...I know you are one, admit it.

Blair said...

The hair rituals of the Sonatogob culture... oh yeah... that explains my high school years...
There is also the whole Tapxe culture to consider too... I am pretty darn sure you may be one of those...
I think I need to write a paper on this...