Monday, March 03, 2003

Eli Lilly:

During a visit to the doctor's office the other day, I was intrigued by a bottle of liquid soap (yes, yes, it doesn't take much...).

The bottle had some sort of logo on it, and the name of some chemical. Let's say it was panaceatidine. Hmm. Interesting. Maybe it's an antibacterial in the soap? So I wash my hands with the product, and then proceed to read the fine print: "This bottle does not contain panaceatidine."

My only conclusion is that the bottle itself is being used as an advertisement for a completely different, pharmaceutical product. That's scary. Are they going to start advertising for Altoids on bottles of Excedrin? This could get pretty confusing.

Nothing that a few good lawsuits couldn't sort out though. I have great confidence in the lawyers, who will make sure we are safe, and they are employed.