Tuesday, March 29, 2005

You're hired!

I am in the middle of a selection process from amongst a particularly strong set of job applicants, and have come up with the following law:

The stronger the field of applicants, the more trivial the eventual selection criteria.

It's comforting to think that I might not have been selected for past jobs because of a fat neck. Or was it a big nose? Or was it an errant crumb? Or, or, or...

Or am I fooling myself that the field for my present position was strong? After all, they did take many, many months to reply... aiee, it's enough to drive one batty.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

gee, paul, sounds like you've become an apologist for hiring on the basis of beauty or alma maters rather than merit. maybe you spent too much time on boston ;-)

Anonymous said...

no, that's not what i said, you are quoting me out of context