Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Skaro visitor:

When I posted on Dec. 25 about FAO Schwartz, I also mentioned Hamleys, the famous toy store on Regent's Street in London. Well, when I went to Hamleys' website, I spotted a radio controlled Dalek for sale. Childhood dreams of building a Dalek cascaded about me, and well...

It arrived yesterday:



The cats are in a panic. They do not like this evil thing.

I claim that my wife was spared the annoyance (and embarrasment) of a full size model. Oh, and the expense, too.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A geek Hummer...... good thing real Hummers lack the laser turret.

Paul said...

Thanks for the comment.

What I always wanted to do was buy a VW bug and put an eye-stalk and bumps on it. I also had SKARO reserved as a vanity plate for a while...

There's a photo somewhere in cyberspace of a car-sized Dalek captured by a traffic-cam in England.